Project Grants for California Native Plant Research
The Alta Peak Chapter of the California Native Plant Society (CNPS), which serves the area of
Tulare County, is pleased to announce that it has established a fledgling Grant Project Program. The Chapter will be accepting applications for grants to promote projects and research that will increase appreciation and understanding of native plants and natural areas of Tulare County, the Central Valley and the Southern Sierra Nevada Mountains and Foothills.
Two grants, between $250 and $500 each, will be awarded each year, based on the project’s itemized proposed budget.
The Chapter is especially interested in supporting the efforts of K-12, as well as college students and their professors. Preference will be given to applications that demonstrate the following:
- relevance of the project to native plant education, conservation or restoration
- a focus on native plants, and their habitats, of Tulare County, the Central Valley and the Southern Sierra Nevada Mountains and Foothills
- a combination of academic background, work experience, and personal commitment needed to successfully complete the proposed project, or to participate in a profession that seeks to further the mission and goals of CNPS
- feasibility of successfully completing the proposed project
Proposal applications should not exceed three pages in length and should be submitted in the following format:
- title page with the project’s title and applicant contact info
- statement of applicant’s qualifications
- project objectives
- methods employed to implement the project
- description of the expected final product and its duration
In addition, the proposals should include an itemized proposed budget and letters of support for the project.
Applicants who are awarded grants will provide a progress report to the Alta Peak Chapter at the end of the first year. They will be asked to give a talk about their project at a chapter meeting, or to write a brief explanation of their work for this newsletter.
2017 Grant Proposals are due by March 31, 2018.
Notification of grant awards will be given by May 1, 2018.
Mail grant applications to:
Alta Peak Chaper
PO Box 217
Three Rivers, CA 93271
For more information, please contact:
806 W. Westfield Ave
Porterville, CA 93257